Welcome to the Mountain View Scottish Country Dance Class
We are pleased to welcome you all to a new year of Scottish country dance classes. Classes are usually held at the Mt. View Sports Pavillion, 1185 Castro St. (at Miramonte) in Mountain View; sometimes at other locations.
Classes start the first Wednesday after Labor Day (September 4, 2013) with Introductory class for old and new friends (free for first timers) at the Mountain View Sports Pavilion. Classes are held most Wednesdays and lessons cost $10.00 weekly drop in fee, or the equivalent of $8 per week if the whole semester fee is paid at start of session. Additional information can be found in our 2013-2014 class flyer.
There are two semesters:
- September thru mid-February (no classes during the holidays)
- Mid-February thru May
- Followed by dancing in the park during June
There are two class levels: a basic skills class and a class for experienced dancers.
- Fall, Basic Skills - Armin Busse
- Fall, Experienced - Alan Twhigg
- Spring, Basic Skills - Paula Jacobson
- Spring, Experienced - Lin Pettengill
- 7:45 pm: All meet for warm-ups and announcements (come earlier if you have questions)
- 8:00 pm: Class divides for lessons
- 9:30 pm: Rejoin for social dancing and cool down
- The building closes at 10 pm
Other Useful Information
Parties, field trips, and special events are planned throughout the year and will be announced in class.
Please arrive promptly...we appreciate your consideration!
Plan to stay for social dancing -- that's what Scottish country dancing is all about! This is a chance for newcomers and more experienced dancers to get acquainted.
After class, many of us like to go over to one of the local restaurants for food, beverages, and conversation. Everyone is invited to join us!
If you don't have Scottish country dance footwear, please find shoes with soft, non-skid, flexible soles. Light weight sneakers are okay.
A note about clothing: we encourage women to wear dresses or skirts and tops and those men who have them, wear kilts. It's traditional... and also much easier for us to observe everyone's dancing technique if we can actually see the legs
Again, welcome! This class has been dancing for over 20 years. Please join us!
- Janet Kitajima: (650) 567-9285
- Jewel Murphy: (925) 360-7685
- Alan Twhigg: (650) 962-1939
- Lin Pettengill: (650) 560-9827
- Paula Jacobson: (831) 688-8295
- Armin Busse
or email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org